All Weather Activities For Gold Coast
Looking for all weather activities for the Gold Coast?
Even when it is raining in paradise there is still plenty to do. Don't let a bit of bad weather put you off or dampen your holiday spirits. Go on get out there and try something different!
This is one of those ideas pages. The rest is up to you!
I've highlighted the attractions around the Gold Coast that are suitable in most weather conditions.
I have a separate page for all weather activities in Surfers Paradise as there are many indoor attractions either in or close to Surfers.
Another great source of things to do when it is raining is the rainy day activities guide which will point you in the direction of other things to do on wet days.
Consider this somewhere to start if you are looking for some all weather attractions. I am sure you can find more, but this should give you the idea of what to do if you don't want to get rained on, or if you are looking for a bit of respite from the heat and humidity!
Quick Links to All Weather Activities Ideas
Family Fun and Entertainment
- Ashmore Bowl 10 pin bowling at Ashmore
- Anaconda Indoor Climbing Wall Ashmore Store
- Coolangatta-Tweed Tenpin 10 pin bowling at Coolangatta
- Iceland Ice Skating at Strathaird Road, Bundall
- Intencity indoor video games parlour at Pacific Fair Shopping Centre, Broadbeach
Petrol Head or Motor Sport Activities
Most of these activities are only for the BIG boys! There are age restrictions on these activities and weather may have some affect on the outdoor versions. What better than brushing up on your wet weather driving skills!
- Buggy Mania at Pimpama (only if you are game)
- Dick Johnson Racing Complex at Stapylton
- Holden Performance Driving Centre at Ormeau
- Race Nutz race car simulators at Mermaid Beach
- The WRX Experience at Pimpama (only if you are game!)
Entertainment for Big Kids
Definitely activities for us big kids! By that I mean adults. Age restrictions on some of these activities.
- The Shooting Centre a real gun shooting gallery (age limits apply) at Southport
Clubs and Shows
- Australian Outback Spectacular at Oxenford
NEW Salute To The Light Horse Show - Be Quick Adults @ Kids Prices for all shows to 22 June 2017 - Adults SAVE $30 each. Book Now - Australian Outback Spectacular Dinner & Show. Book Tuesday to Friday Nights & Sunday Matinees for just $69.99 per person, or Saturday Nights for $79.99 per person.
Club Banora at Banora Point
- Comedy Room at The Gold Coast Arts Centre at Bundall
Gold Coast Arts Centre Cinema at Bundall
- Local RSLs and SLSC's service clubs and surf life saving clubs are great venues and often have entertainment.
- Seagulls Club at Tweed Heads
- Sharks Football Club has a great kids indoor play area at Southport
Twin Towns Club often attracts world class acts and entertainment at Coolangatta
Don't forget your designated driver, try a wine tasting tour or hire a limo to take you around.
- Albert River Winery
- Canungra Valley Vineyard at Canungra
- Heritage Wines on Mt Tamborine
- Mount Nathan Winery at Mt Nathan
- Mount Tamborine Winery on Mt Tamborine
- Mudbrick Winery and Restaurant on Mt Tamborine
- Thumm Estate Wines on Mt Tamborine
- Sirromet Wines at Mount Cotton
Museums, Art and Crafts
- Ashleigh Manley Studio Gallery at Hope Island
- Beaudesert Historical Musuem pioneer museum at Beaudesert
- Carlton Brewery Tour at Yatala
- Dutch Clog Workshop on Tamborine Mountain
- Gallery Walk at Eagle Heights
Gold Coast Arts Centre Cinema and Art Gallery at Bundall
- Melaleuca Station at Tweed Heads
- Opal Shed Mining Company Retail Showroom at Oxenford
- Tamborine Mountain Heritage Centre at Mt Tamborine
- Tamborine Mountain Distillery at Mt Tamborine
- Tokonoma Fine Art Gallery and Green Tea House at Mudgeeraba
- Tweed River Regional Art Gallery at Murwillumbah
- War Museum at Mudgeeraba
- Witches Chase Cheese Factory at Mount Tamborine
- Yatala Pie Factory at Yatala
You know pampering is definitely in the all weather activities category! Pampering is great at any time, especially when you are on holiday!
- Enjoy some pampering at one of the many Day Spas and Resort Spas.
- High Tea at Palazzo Versace, Sheraton Mirage or The Marriott
Drown Your Sorrows! Themed Restaurant or Bar
- Bearded Dragon on Mount Tamborine
- Champions Bar and Grill at Main Beach
- Hard Rock Cafe at Surfers Paradise
- Howl at the Moon at Surfers Paradise
- Hogs Breath at Marina Mirage Main Beach
- Irish Scrumpy's Bar and Grill at Main Beach
- Mermaid Beach Tavern at- Mermaid Beach
- Outback Jacks at Southport
- Rusty Pelican at Surfers Paradise and Coolangatta
All Weather Activities On The Gold Coast Suggestions
Do you have any other suggestions for things to do when it is raining on the Gold Coast?
I'd love to hear of any other activities that are good on rainy days in the Gold Coast. I am always open to adding more information for visitors just like you. I hope you found this helpful. Don't forget to bookmark this page and come back for the updates.
Back to Rainy Day Activities or Gold Coast Australia Home
Return to top All Weather Activities