Night Activities for Families
What are the best night activities for families in Gold Coast?
I will be spending 4 nights in Gold Coast with 2 kids (11 and 13 yrs). I'll be bringing them to the theme parks in the day but I understand they close at 5pm.
What can I do in the Gold Coast after that?
There is so much to do in the Gold Coast at night that is suitable for kids and teenagers. You will find some suggestions below.
Need Help Planning Your Holiday?
Why not check out my Planning Cheat Sheets
with lots of extra information and tools to help you plan your holiday so you don't miss a thing!
Here are some suggestions:
- The Australian Outback Spectacular Show is a dinner and show experience which is suitable for families. The show is a showcase of Australiana with horses and music and special effects. It is really worth a visit but needs to be booked in advance.
- Take them to the latest dinner theatre show at Jupiters Casino in Broadbeach - Check out all the live entertainment for Gold Coast.
- King Tutt's Putt Putt (also known as Crazy Golf or Mini Golf) in Surfers Paradise stays open till late it has both indoor and outdoor themed courses.
- Timezone which is in Cavill Mall is open until late and has a mixture of video games, laser skirmish and lots of fun things to do. I probably wouldn't stay too late here as the older kids tend to move in as it gets later!
- Bowling - there is Strike Bowling in Circle on Cavill in Surfers Paradse (though I would probably not go there too late either, because it is a bar as well). Surfers Paradise ten pin bowling is in the Mall next to Timezone. Or if you want to go to a good bowling alley try Ashmore Bowl, which we go to.
- Adrenalin Parc in Surfers is open late, but as the night goes on it gets less family friendly in my opinion.
There are also places to do indoor rock climbing or iceskating.
I hope that gives you some ideas, if you have any more questions or want any more suggestions please leave a comment below or use the contact form
to contact me directly.
Gold Coast Australia Travel Tips - Owner
Join the conversation or just check us out...
If you are looking to save time and money on your theme park entry tickets, it is worth while buying them ahead of time as then you can join the Pre-Paid queue and present your vouchers. Here are the latest deals for Gold Coast theme parks