Guided Snorkel Tours In Gold Coast
What guided tours are there in Gold Coast. We want to discover the area, see Australian animals and do some snorkelling.
Let's deal with snorkelling first! My personal favourite is Tangalooma, however there are other options for snorkelling in and around the Gold Coast.
If you want to combine with kayaking, there are tours such as kayaking tour
that goes around Wavebreak Island in the Broadwater and includes snorkelling.Tangalooma
, is on Moreton Island off Brisbane has wrecks to snorkel on and some brilliant eco tours to see dugongs, turtles, dolphins. Even though the boat you take is from Brisbane, you can day trip to Tangalooma
, but staying overnight will give you a better chance to explore the area and enjoy the animals and activities.
There are a couple of options for day tours to Tangalooma and Moreton Bay.
These tours are from your Gold Coast accommodation and including transfers to Holt Street Wharf in Brisbane:Tangalooma Tour
- Coach transfers from Gold Coast accommodation to Brisbane Holt St Wharf (departing approx 7.30am returning approx 6.30pm)
- High speed luxury catamaran transfers from Brisbane Holt St Wharf
- Lunch included
- Optional Extras include activities such as Desert Safari Tour including sand tobogganing down 150ft sand dunes at speeds up to 40km per hour - it's exhilerating fun! Can be booked and paid for at the resort on arrival.
- Presentations and walking tours from the Tangalooma Marine Education and Conservation Centre
- Enjoy over 30 free activities including archery, tennis, squash, basketball, badminton, croquet, boule, bush tucker and beach tours
- Enjoy the use of Tangalooma's facilities including 2 swimming pools, pool tables, restaurants and bars
The variation of the tour is Dolphin Feeding experience
which incorporates of all the above features plus
Click here to book either of these Tangalooma Day Tours
- Dolphin feeding experience - hand feed one of our playful wild
- Departure times from Gold Coast approx 7.30am, return times depend upon season.
A money saving option is if you drive yourself to the wharf in Brisbane, there is free parking. If you have your own car you could save $$$s on transfers by hiring car and driving yourself, but have to be comfortable to drive.
Important tips! Remember to bring...
- swimming apparel
- comfortable clothing
- beach towel
Great options to get around Moreton Bay Marine Park and snorkel on the Tangalooma Wrecks. It is most likely you will get to see lots of local marine animals such as dolphins, dugongs and turtles.
I hope that covers it for you and gives you some options to consider.
Gold Coast Australia Travel Tips - Owner
Join the conversation or just check us out...