Hotels in Gold Coast with Melbourne Cup Lunches
by Wendy Neil
List of hotels in Gold Coast with Melbourne Cup Lunches?
Just like the rest of Australia there are quite a few places to go for Melbourne Cup Lunches in Gold Coast
For our overseas readers a quick overview of the Melbourne Cup! Melbourne Cup is a horse race that is held on the first Tuesday in November every year. It is the known in Australia as the race that stops the nation.
Melbourne Cup is part of the Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival and is such fun to attend in person at the Flemington Race Track in Melbourne, Victoria.
Not everyone can attend the actual race, so all around the country there are staged Melbourne Cup Lunches that often include special packages, entertainment, fashion shows, sweepstakes and of course screens and TVs showing the actual horse race.
The race is run about 3pm in Melbourne but for us not on Daylight Savings that is around 2pm our time in the Gold Coast.
Most lunches kick off around 12 noon, but you will have to check each venue for details.
Here is a list of hotels that often host Melbourne Cup Luncheon functions. Click here
for more options including other venues.
Hotels hosting Melbourne Cup Lunches in Gold CoastParadise Marriott Resort & Spa
- varies each year but usually has a fairly large event and of course amazing food!Sheraton Mirage Gold Coast
- has run for several years in Terraces Restaurant with a Seafood buffet.Sea World Resort
- usually lunch, prizes and entertainment as well as screens to watch the race.Watermark Hotel in Surfers
- usually hold an event, though the location and size changes.Palazzo Versace
in Main Beach usually hold a luncheon at one of their restaurants or in La Medusa Ballroom. Event includes fashion parade, prizes and of course the Plasma TV screens to watch the race.
Other Venues running Melbourne Cup Luncheon eventsGold Coast Turf Club
- not a hotel but has a big do! It's a non racing RaceDay at the Turf Club. So you get to experience as close to being in Flemington as you can!The Gold Coast Arts Centre
- Usually holds a big event in the Paradise Room. Often this is a charity event with proceeds from the raffle going to a local charity. Oskars on Burleigh
- Restaurant on the beach at Burleigh, holds fashion show and lots of fun.
Local Radio Stations often host large events including one at Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition CentreSouthport RSL Club
usually holds a very affordable Melbourne Cup lunch function with a gourmet buffet, live entertainment and of course coverage of the race. It is open to both members and non members.Jupiters Hotel and Casino
in Broadbeach often have a range of options for Melbourne Cup. You can stay in the hotel and enjoy the festivities - however it books out very quickly. They offer a range of prices and options including some outdoor picnic style options.
This is just a general selection, there are many others which can be found on our Melbourne Cup events
page which is updated annually with more details.
Hope that was useful,
Gold Coast Australia Travel Tips - Owner
Join the conversation or just check us out...