The Big Apple
The big apple - it is just so cool and massive so it makes it amusing.
I wasn't sure which of the Australian Big Apple's you were referring to, so I did a bit of a search.
The closest one to the Gold Coast is in the Stanthorpe area - see Thulimbah below.
There are several Big Apples in Australia, usually they are close to major highways so passing visitors will spot them and come for a look. Often they are beacons for local produce, so all the examples below are in areas of Australia where apples are grown.
- Big Apple in Batlow NSW -high in the mountains one of the most famous apple growing areas of NSW
- Big Apple in Yerrinbool NSW, on the Hume Highway between Berrima and Bargo.
- Big Apple in Spreyton Tasmania. A small town just south of Devonport.
- Big Apple in Thulimbah near Stanthorpe in the Southern Downs of Queensland, near the NSW border. This is a major apple growing region in Qld.
- Big Apple in Bacchus Marsh Victoria - to the west of Melbourne.
- Big Apple in Donnybrook Western Australia also known as the apple capital of south west WA. South east of Bunbury.
Leave a comment below as to which particular one you are referring to and if you have any funny story or comment about any one of those other ones.
Gold Coast Australia Travel Tips - Owner
Join the conversation or just check us out...